Environment Corpus – domain specific corpus
The English Environment Corpus is an English corpus made up of texts related to environment topic collected from the Internet. This domain specific corpus is focused on the English environment language. The corpus consists of 61 million words and was created by SpiderLing on 2011-11-29 using a topic word list supplied by MacMillan.
This Environment corpus has named entity recognition created by using tool GATE. The name entities include 5 classes: Date, Location, Money, Person and Organization.
Access to the Environment corpus is restricted. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environment corpus is tagged by TreeTagger using Penn TreeBank tagset with Sketch Engine modifications.
Tools to work with the English Environment corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this English domain-specific corpus to generate:
- word sketch – English collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of English nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
Search Environment corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this English Environament corpus from the web.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.