kmTenTen: Corpus of the Khmer Web
The Khmer Web Corpus (kmTenTen) is a Khmer corpus made up of texts collected from the Cambodian Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages. The data were crawled by Spiderling in August–September 2018 and January–February 2021 from the following sources: Cambodian Wikipedia, Cambodian web. Texts are segmented using the khmer-crf-segmentation tool. The Khmer language is the official and national language of Cambodia.
For detailed information about TenTen corpora, see Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The Khmer corpus was tagged by RDRPOSTagger with the following part-of-speech tagset.
Tools to work with the Khmer corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this Khmer corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Khmer collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word units
- word lists – lists of Khmer words organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
kmTenTen21 (March 2021)
- crawled new data in January and February 2021 and merged with previous data of kmTenTen18 in the total size of 112 million tokens
- segmented by khmer-crf-segmentation tool
- part-of-speech tagged by RDRPOSTagger
kmTenTen18 (October 2018)
- crawled data in the size of 17.8 million tokens
- tokenized, not tagged & lemmatized yet
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Khmer corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Khmer corpus from the web.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.