Frantext corpus: French literature of the 18th–20th century
The Frantext corpus is a French corpus made up of French literature of the 18th–20th century from the sample of copyright-free texts. The corpus consists of 15 million words.
The Frantext corpus was tagged by TreeTagger with the following tagset.
Tools to work with the Frantext corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this French corpus to generate:
- word sketch – French collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of French nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- trends – diachronic analysis automatically identifies neologisms and changes in us
Search the Frantext corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this French corpus of French literature.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.