FidaPLUS: the Slovenian Reference Corpus
The Slovenian Reference Corpus (FidaPLUS) is a language corpus made up of texts collected from various types of text domains. The FidaPLUS corpus consists of various texts, from literary novels to everyday newspapers and the language of web blogs and social media. The corpus contains around 600 million words.
The corpus is supplied by the Centre for Language Resources and Technologies, University of Ljubljana.
The FidaPLUS corpus was annotated with the software developed by the Amebis software company. This tool uses POS tagset of the MULTEXT-East Morphosyntactic Slovenian Specification version 3.
Tools to work with the FidaPLUS corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this FidaPLUS corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Slovene collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- word lists – lists of Slovene nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- keywords– terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Arhar, Š., Gorjanc, V., & Krek, S. (2007, July). FidaPLUS corpus of Slovenian: the new generation of the Slovenian reference corpus: its design and tools. In Proceedings of the Corpus Linguistics conference.
Krek, S., & Kilgarriff, A. (2006). Slovene Word Sketches. In Proceedings of the 5th Slovenian and 1st International Language Technologies Conference.
Search the FidaPLUS corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Slovene text corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.