HebrewGC: Hebrew General Corpus
The Hebrew General Corpus (HebrewGC) is a Hebrew corpus made up of newspaper texts collected. The corpus was donated by Prof. Ari Rappoport and Daphna Shezaf from the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. from the Internet. This Hebrew corpus consists of 150+ million words, but the texts were not deduplicated.
The heWaC corpus was tagged and uses the following Hebrew POS tagset summary.
Tools to work with the Hebrew corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Hebrew corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Hebrew collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- word lists – lists of Hebrew nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- keywords– terminology extraction of one-word
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
- computed word sketches
- created lemposes
- initial version with POS tags
Search the Hebrew corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Hebrew General Corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.