LithuanianWaC: Corpus of the Lithuanian Web
The Lithuanian Web Corpus (LithuanianWaC) is a language corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus was prepared according to standards described in the document A Corpus Factory for Many Languages (Kilgarriff et al. at LREC 2010).
Text data was provided by Andrius Utka and contain 48 million words in total. Corpus texts are lemmatized and POS tagged.
The LithuanianWaC corpus has part-of-speech tagging with the following POS tagset legend.
Tools to work with the Lithuanian Web corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Lithuanian Web corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Lithuanian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word units
- word lists – lists of Lithuanian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
BARONI, Marco; KILGARRIFF, Adam. Large linguistically-processed web corpora for multiple languages. In: Proceedings of the Eleventh Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Posters & Demonstrations. Association for Computational Linguistics, 2006, pp. 87–90.
Search the Lithuanian Web corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with the Lithuanian Web corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.