MongolianWaC: Corpus of the Mongolian Web
The Mongolian Web Corpus (MongolianWaC) is a language corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus was prepared according to standards described in the document A Corpus Factory for Many Languages (Kilgarriff et al. at LREC 2010).
Data was crawled by the SpiderLing web spider in March 2016 and comprise of almost 6 million words.
Tools to work with the Mongolian Web corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Mongolian Web corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Mongolian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- word lists – lists of Mongolian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- keywords– terminology extraction of one-word
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Corpus factory method
Kilgarriff, A., Reddy, S., Pomikálek, J., & Avinesh, P. V. S. (2010, May). A corpus factory for many languages. In LREC.
Search the Mongolian Web corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with the MongolianWaC corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.