Riznica: Croatian text corpus
The Riznica Croatian language corpus (CLC) is a text corpus made up of texts collected from various text sources. There are online articles, printed books, transcripts of recordings, etc. The corpus search can be restricted by a specific year, author, or title.
In detailed, text data includes, among others:
- Online newspapers, books, articles
- Printed and published books and other printed hard copies
- Digital files of printed books made available by publishers (e.g. Školska knjiga, and the Croatian Academy of Arts and Sciences)
- Transcriptions of collected data and recordings
- Various resources with online available documents.
The Riznica corpus was annotated by the ReLDI tool developed by Nikola Ljubešić. The tagger uses the following POS tagset of the MULTEXT-East project for Croatian.
Tools to work with the Croatian Riznica corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Croatian Riznica corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Croatian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- word lists – lists of Croatian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- keywords– terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Ćavar, D., & Rončević, D. B. (2012). Riznica: the Croatian language corpus. Prace filologiczne LXIII, 51-66.
Search the Croatian Riznica corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with the Croatian Riznica corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.