Timestamped English monitor corpus
The English Timestamped Corpus is an English monitor corpus made up of news articles gained from their RSS feeds. The corpus consists of news articles gained from newsfeed created by Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia (Trampus et al 2004). The JSI Timestamped English corpus is a clean, continuous, real-time aggregated stream of semantically enriched news articles from RSS-enabled sites across the world. The corpus is updated with new texts daily and grows by ca 800 million words each month. The English corpus contains over 60 billion words and it is the largest English corpus in Sketch Engine.
For more information, see our Timestamped web Corpus documentation page.
The Timestamped English corpus was tagged by TreeTagger using Penn TreeBank tagset with Sketch Engine modifications.
The corpus version with texts from the years 2014–2016 is accessible to all users including trial users.
The corpus version with up-to-date texts from the year 2014 to now (monthly updated) is accessible to users with a regular subscription.
Tools to work with the Timestamped English corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this English corpus to generate:
- word sketch – English collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – single- and multi-word term extraction
- word lists – lists of English nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- trends – diachronic analysis automatically identifies neologisms and changes in use
Search this English corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this English corpus with timestamps.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.