Timestamped Russian corpus
The Russian Timestamped Corpus is a Russian corpus made up of news articles gained from their RSS feeds. The corpus consists of news articles gained from newsfeeds created by Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia (Trampus et al 2004). The JSI Timestamped Russian corpus is a clean, continuous, real-time aggregated stream of semantically enriched news articles from RSS-enabled sites across the world. The corpus was updated with new texts daily and grew by ca 100 million words each month until November 2022 when the original project of newsfeeds delivered by JSI was terminated.
For more information, see our Timestamped web Corpus documentation page.
The Timestamped Russian corpus was tagged by RFTagger using the following PoS tags.
Tools to work with the Russian Timestamped corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Russian corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Russian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Russian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- trends – diachronic analysis automatically identifies neologisms and changes in use
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Search the Russian corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with the Timestamped Russian corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.