trWaC – Turkish corpus from the web
The Turkish Web Corpus (trWaC) is a Turkish corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus was prepared according to standards described in the document A Corpus Factory for Many Languages (Kilgarriff et al. at LREC 2010). The corpus consists of 32 million words.
The Turkish corpus was tagged by MaltParser with the pre-trained Turkish model. See this Turkish part-of-speech tagset.
Tools to work with the trWaC corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this Turkish corpus to generate:
version 3.0 (19 Nov 2014)
- added document structures
- added lempos
- corrected tokenisation of quotes
version 2.0 (25 Oct 2011)
- word sketches are compiled using below resources.
- The morphological analyser and morphological disambiguator (POS tagger) from Kemal Oflazer and Deniz Yüret downloadable at http://deniz.yuret.com/turkish/tr-disamb.tgz.
- generated from an existing dependency parser. Dependency parser can be downloaded from http://web.itu.edu.tr/gulsenc/TurkishDepModel.html
- thanks to Gülşen Eryiğit and Kemal Oflazer for answering our emails and providing us with the tools
BARONI, Marco, et al. The WaCky wide web: a collection of very large linguistically processed web-crawled corpora. Language resources and evaluation, 2009, 43.3: 209-226.
Corpus factory method
Adam Kilgarriff, Siva Reddy, Jan Pomikálek, and Avinesh PVS. A corpus factory for many languages. In LREC workshop on Web Services and Processing Pipelines, Malta, May 2010.
Turkish Word sketches
Ambati, Bharat Ram, Siva Reddy, and Adam Kilgarriff (2012). Word Sketches for Turkish. In Proceedings of the Eight International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC’12), pp. 2945–2950.
Search the LANG corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this LANG corpus from the web.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.