urTenTen: Corpus of the Urdu Web
The Urdu Web Corpus (urTenTen) is an Urdu corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 40 languages.
Data was crawled by the WebBootCat toolkit.
For detailed information about TenTen corpora, see Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The urTenTen Urdu corpus was tagged by Unified Parts of Speech (POS) Standard in Indian Languages (accessible via the Wayback Machine).
Tools to work with the Urdu corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this Urdu corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Urdu collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word units
- word lists – lists of Urdu nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Urdu corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Urdu corpus from the web.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.