bgTenTen: Corpus of the Bulgarian Web
The Bulgarian Web Corpus (bgTenTen) is a Bulgarian corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The bgTenTen corpus is annotated by TreeTagger trained on Bulgarian TreeBank part-of-speech tagset.
Tools to work with the Bulgarian Web corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Bulgarian corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Bulgarian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word units
- word lists – lists of Bulgarian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
version 1 (bgTenTen12)
- initial version, obtained from the web in 2012
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The tenten corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Bulgarian corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Bulgarian corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.