caTenTen: Corpus of the Catalan Web
The Catalan Web Corpus (caTenTen) is an English corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages.
For detailed information about TenTen corpora, see Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The caTenTen corpus was POS tagged by FreeLing using the following tagset summary.
Tools to work with the Catalan Web corpora
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Catalan corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Catalan collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word units
- word lists – lists of Catalan nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
2nd version (October 2017)
- word sketch grammar
1st version (March 2017)
- cleaned from Spanish and French
initial version (March 2014)
- crawled by SpiderLing in February-March 2014
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Catalan corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with the Catalan Web corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.