Film corpus of movie scripts
The Film corpus is an English corpus made up of 1068 film scripts collected from The Internet Movie Script Database (IMSDb). The Film corpus consists of 21 million words within 1068 screenplays classified into 304 genres such as Drama, Thriller, Comedy, etc. There are also metadata with the information about film tile, character speech, or scenic note.
The Film corpus is annotated by the English TreeTagger pipeline version 3.1 using this part-of-speech tagset.
Tools to work with the Film corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this English Film corpus to generate:
- word sketch – English collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of English nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Search the Film corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this English corpus of film scripts.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.