fiTenTen: Corpus of the Finnish Web
The Finnish Web Corpus (fiTenTen) is a Finnish corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages.
Data was crawled by the SpiderLing web spider in May 2014 and comprised of almost 1.4 billion words.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The fiTenTen corpus was POS annotated by TreeTagger using FinnTreebank tagset.
Tools to work with the Finnish Web corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Finnish corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Finnish collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Finnish nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
1.0 (21 May 2014)
- created – 1.4 billion words
2.0 (8 August 2014)
- Lemma, lempos added. Thanks to Josh Waxman for the Finnish TreeTagger model.
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Finnish corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Finnish corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.