huTenTen: Corpus of the Hungarian Web
The Hungarian Web Corpus (huTenTen) is a Hungarian corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 40 languages.
The Hungarian Web 2020 corpus contains texts downloaded between November 2020 and February 2021. The whole Hungarian corpus comprises 5.1 billion words. The sample texts of the biggest web domains which account for 62% of all corpus texts were checked semi-manually and content with poor quality text and spam was removed.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The Hungarian Web corpora are annotated by the morphological analyzer emMorph using the following part-of-speech tagset.
Overview of Hungarian TenTen corpora
This is a list of Hungarian Web corpora available in Sketch Engine:
- Hungarian Web corpus 2020 (huTenTen20) – 5.1 billion words
- Hungarian Web corpus 2012 (huTenTen12) – 2.5 billion words
Basic frequency statistics of the Hungarian Web 2020 corpus
Tools to work with the Hungarian corpus from the web
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Hungarian corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Hungarian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Hungarian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
huTenTen20 (April 2023)
- 6.3 billion tokens
huTenTen12 (hunpos version 2)
- tag with new PoS tagset
- initial version, obtained from the web in 2012
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Hungarian corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Hungarian corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.