lvTenTen: Corpus of the Latvian Web
The Latvian Web Corpus (lvTenTen) is a Latvian corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages.
Data was crawled by the SpiderLing web spider in April 2014 and comprised of almost 530 million words.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
Since the tokenisation was done by an external tool, there is no glue () marking non-space token separations.
Tools to work with the Latvian Web corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Latvian corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Latvian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Latvian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
version 2 (August 2016)
- Morphological annotation added.
- Additional filters applied, including removal of English text. 658 million tokens.
version 1 (May 2014)
- Initial version. 668 million tokens.
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Latvian corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with the Latvian corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.