noTenTen: Corpus of the Norwegian Web
The Norwegian Web Corpus (noTenTen) is a Norwegian corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages. Data was crawled by the SpiderLing web spider.
Overview of corpus versions
These Norwegia web corpora were crawled and processed repeatedly during the last ten years:
- Norwegian Web 2017 (both language variants) – 2.65 billion words
- Norwegian Web (Bokmål) – 2.47 billion words
- Norwegian Web 2017 (Nynorsk) – 173 million words
- Norwegian Web 2015 (both language variants) – 1.69 billion words
- Norwegian Web 2015 (Bokmål) – 1.17 billion words
- Norwegian Web 2015 (Nynorsk) – 44 million words
- Norwegian Web 2012 (both language variants) – 669 million words
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The czTenTen corpus was POS annotated by with Oslo-Bergen Tagger using this tagset summary.
The tags are available in two corpus attributes:
- tag – a part of speech
- tag_attrs – a morphological detail
For instance, where the original tag is “pron ent pers hum nom 1” (pronoun singular personal human nominative 1):
- tag = “pron”
- tag_attrs = “ent pers hum nom 1”