Oxford Corpus of Academic English (OCAE)
The Oxford Corpus of Academic English (OCAE) is a text corpus consisted of undergraduate textbooks and academic journals oriented on four main subject areas of physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and humanities. The OCAE corpus contains 85 million words and enables lexicographers to examine the meaning and use of words in academic writing.
For more information visit https://oupeltglobalblog.com/tag/oxford-corpus-of-academic-english/
The corpus is supplied by Oxford University Press.
Tools to work with the Oxford Corpus of Academic English
A complete set of tools is available to work with this OCAE corpus to generate:
- word sketch – English collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of English nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
Search the Oxford Corpus of Academic English
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with the Oxford Corpus of Academic English.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.