plTenTen: Corpus of the Polish Web
The Polish Web Corpus (plTenTen) is a Polish corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages.
Data was crawled by the SpiderLing web spider in June 2012 and comprise of more than 7 billion words in 22 million documents.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The plTenTen corpus was annotated by the RFTagger tool using the NKJP tagset, a POS tagset description used for the National Corpus of Polish (Narodowy Korpus Języka Polskiego).
Overview of Polish TenTen corpora
A list of Polish TenTen corpora available in Sketch Engine:
- Polish Web corpus 2019 (enTenTen19) – 4.2 billion words
- Polish Web corpus 2012 (enTenTen12) – 7.1 billion words
Tools to work with the Polish corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Polish Web corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Polish collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Polish nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
version 1 (September 2021)
- 5.2 billion tokens
- tagged by the RFTagger tool with the NKJP tagset
- samples from the biggest web domains were manually checked and content with poor linguistic quality was removed
version 3 (March 2017)
- corpus tagged by the RFTagger tool with the NKJP tagset
- created a lempos attribute
version 2 (1 July 2013)
- corpus tagged by the WCRFT tagger
version 1 (23 July 2012)
- initial version – 7.7 billion words, untagged
a sample for Cesar (25 October 2012)
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Radziszewski, A., Kilgarriff, A., & Lew, R. (2011). Polish word sketches.
Search the Polish corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Polish corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.