ScienceBlogs: English Corpus of science blogs
The ScienceBlogs Corpus is an English corpus made up of the selection of posts and comments from ScienceBlogs.com. The collected texts consist of 100 million words and cover a period of nine years, from 2006 to the beginning of 2014. Posts and related comments share common attributes such as author, date, document title, section, and others. This corpus was prepared by Akshay Minocha
The ScienceBlogs corpus was tagged by TreeTagger using Penn Treebank tagset version 2.5.
Tools to work with the ScienceBlogs corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this English corpus of science posts to generate:
- word sketch – English collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of English nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Search the ScienceBlogs corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this English corpus from ScienceBlogs.com.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.