slTenTen: Corpus of the Slovenian Web
The Slovenian Web Corpus (slTenTen) is a Slovenian corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages.
Data was crawled by the SpiderLing web spider in March–April 2015 and comprised of 829 million words. Term definitions created by Darja Fisher.
Tools to work with the Slovene Web corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Slovenian corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Slovenian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Slovenian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
version 1 (spring 2015)
- initial version – 829 million words
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Slovene corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Slovenian corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.