ukTenTen: Ukrainian corpus from the Web
The Ukrainian Web Corpus (ukTenTen) is a Ukrainian corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 40 languages.
Data for the Ukrainian Web 2020 corpus consists of texts from May 2014, July and August 2020, and Wikipedia from December 2020. The final size of the corpus contains 2.5+ billion words.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
Basic information about the Ukrainian Web 2020 corpus
The Ukrainian Web 2020 corpus is part-of-speech tagged with two different tagsets:
- MULTEXT-East Ukrainian PoS tagset, which is more-detailed
- Universal PoS tagset showing only basic parts of speech
Overview of Ukrainian TenTen corpora
These web corpora were crawled and processed repeatedly during the years:
- Ukrainian Web corpus 2020 (ukTenTen20) – 2.5 billion words, part-of-speech tagging and lemmatization
- Ukrainian Web corpus 2014 (ukTenTen14) – 2 billion word
Tools to work with the Ukrainian corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Ukrainian Web corpus to generate:
version 1.0 (April 2022)
- the initial version 3.68 billion tokens downloaded from the Web by SpiderlLing in 2020 and the Wikipedia part is from 2020 processed by Wiki2corpus tool
- cleaned (semi-manual process), deduplicated
- tagged (RFTagger) and lemmatized (CSTLemma) by Ukrainian RFTagger pipeline version 1
version 1.0 (spring 2014)
- the initial version, 2.73 billion tokens obtained from the web in April 2014
- no tagging and lemmatization available
SUCHOMEL, Vít. Better Web Corpora For Corpus Linguistics And NLP. 2020. Available also from: https://is.muni.cz/th/u4rmz/. Doctoral thesis. Masaryk University, Faculty of Informatics, Brno. Supervised by Pavel RYCHLÝ.
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Ukrainian corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Ukrainian corpus from the web.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.