Search the Spanish esTenTen corpus
The Spanish Web corpus (esTenTen) is a text corpus created from the collected internet texts. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of the same processed web corpora with the target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to Tenten corpora in more than 30 languages.
The corpus contains subcorpora based on the language varieties – European Spanish and American Spanish. Particular Spanish varieties were downloaded from web domains in the respective continents.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
Part-of-speech tagging and lemmatisation were performed using FreeLing analyser with Spanish configuration, see Spanish FreeLing tagset.
Overview of Spanish TenTen corpora
A list of Spanish TenTen corpora available in the Sketch Engine database:
- Spanish Web corpus 2018 (esTenTen18) – 17.5 billion words (European Spanish Web, American Spanish Web, whole Spanish Wikipedia)
- Spanish Web corpus 2011 (esTenTen11) – 9.5 billion words (European Spanish Web, American Spanish Web, small part of Spanish Wikipedia)
A list of top level domains
|Argentinian (.ar)||Bolivian (.bo)||Chilean (.cl)||Colombian (.co)|
|Costa Rican (.cr)||Cuban (.cu)||Dominican (.do)||Ecuadorian (.ec)|
|Guatemalan (.gt)||Honduran (.hn)||Mexican (.mx)||Nicaraguan (.ni)|
|Paraguayan (.py)||Peruvian (.pe)||Salvadoran (.sv)||Spanish (.es)|
|Uruguayan (.uy)||Venezuelan (.ve)||Wikipedia (wiki)|
esTenTen18 and esTenTen11 corpora in detail
Basic information about Spanish Web 2018 (esTenTen18)
Information about Spanish Web 2011 (esTenTen11)
Distribution of corpus data
See graphs and more information about texts in the Spanish Web corpus 2011.
EsTenTen – top-level domain distribution
Tools to work with the Spanish corpora
A complete set of tools is available to work with these Spanish corpora from the Web to generate:
- word sketch – Korean collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Korean nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- crawled new version 2018 of esTenTen corpus with 20.3 billion tokens
- re-tagged using FreeLing 4 in Sketch Engine pipeline version 5
- re-tagged using Freeling 4
11 February 2015
- re-tagged using Freeling 3.1
2 April 2014
- fixed encoding issues
29 July 2013
- re-tagged using Freeling 3.0
17 October 2012
- American and European parts from 2011 put together
- subcorpora can be used to query the parts separately now
12 January 2012
- American Spanish data crawled by web crawler SpiderLing in December 2011
- these documents were put into a separate corpus “esAmTenTen”
30 September 2011
- removed Catalan and Galician texts
- corpus size reduced by 79 million tokens
13 April 2011
Kilgarriff, A., & Renau, I. (2013). esTenTen, a vast web corpus of Peninsular and American Spanish. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 95, 12-19.
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen Corpus Family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Search the Spanish corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Spanish corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.