euWaC: Corpus of the Basque Web
The Basque Web Corpus (euWaC) is a Basque corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. language corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus was prepared by Mr. Igor Leturia (i.leturia(at)elhuyar.com) in 2012. The size of the corpus is almost 100 million words.
The Basque Web corpus is lemmatized and part-of-speech tagged with the following list of part-of-speech tags.
Tools to work with the Basque Web corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Basque Web corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Basque collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word units
- word lists – lists of Basque nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
version 3 (March 2017)
- corpus tagged by the RFTagger tool with the NKJP tagset
- created lempos
version 2 (1 July 2013)
- corpus tagged by the WCRFT tagger
version 1 (23 July 2012)
- initial version – 7.7 billion words, untagged
a sample for Cesar (25 October 2012)
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Radziszewski, A., Kilgarriff, A., & Lew, R. (2011). Polish word sketches.
Search the Basque corpus euWaC
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Basque corpus from the web.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.