Gutenberg corpora 2020: 29 corpora of books
The Project Gutenberg corpora 2020 is a collection of 29 text corpora corpus made up of free ebooks available in the Gutenberg database. The corpora are created from the ebooks available in the database in April 2020.
This is a list of languages for which Gutenberg corpora are available: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (traditional characters), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Telugu, and Welsh.
These corpora of books contain the following lists of corpus structures that can be used for filtering and sorting results: Author (of the book), Book ID, Title of the book, Topics of the book, Year of author’s birth, and Year of author’s death.
Tools to work with the Project Gutenberg corpora 2020
A complete set of tools is available to work with the book corpora created from Project Gutenberg to generate:
- word sketch – collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
The set of tools may vary depending on the particular language.
Search the Project Gutenberg corpora 2020
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with these 29 corpora of books from Project Gutenberg.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.