idTenTen: Corpus of the Indonesian Web
The Indonesian Web Corpus (idTenTen) is an Indonesian corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 40 languages. The corpora are built using technology specialized in collecting only linguistically valuable web content.
For detailed information about TenTen corpora, see Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The most recent version of the enTenTen corpus consists of 3.6 billion words. The texts were downloaded between June and August 2020. The sample texts of the biggest web domains were checked manually and content with poor quality text and spam was removed.
Part-of-speech tagset and lemmatization
The Indonesian Web corpora are part-of-speech tagged with the following Indonesian TreeTagger tagset indicating the part of speech and grammatical category. The corpus texts also contain lemmatization when each word form from the corpus is assigned to its base form (lemma).
Search the Indonesian corpus idTenTen
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Indonesian corpus.
Indonesian Web 2020 corpus sizes
Tools to work with the Indonesian corpus from the web
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Indonesian corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Indonesian collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Indonesian nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- text type analysis – statistics of metadata in the corpus
Indonesian Web 2020 (idTenTen20)
version idtenten20 (October 2023)
- 4.4 billion words
- TreeTagger pipeline with part-of-speech tagging and lemmatization
- samples from the biggest web domains were manually checked and content with poor linguistic quality was removed
SUCHOMEL, Vít. Better Web Corpora For Corpus Linguistics And NLP. 2020. Available also from: https://is.muni.cz/th/u4rmz/. Doctoral thesis. Masaryk University, Faculty of Informatics, Brno. Supervised by Pavel RYCHLÝ.
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.