koTenTen: Corpus of the Korean Web
The Korean Web Corpus (koTenTen) is a Korean corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. It belongs to the TenTen corpus family containing corpora in more than than 30 languages. The corpora are built using technology specialized in collecting only linguistically valuable web content.
Data was crawled by the SpiderLing web spider in August & September 2012 and from December 2017 to April 2018.
Detailed information about TenTen corpora is on the separate page Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The koTenTen copora were annotated by the POS tagger HanNanum using following simplified tagset.
Overview of Korean TenTen corpora
These web corpora were crawled and processed repeatedly during the last ten years:
- Korean Web corpus 2018 (koTenTen18) – 1,7 billion words
- Korean Web corpus 2012 (koTenTen12) – 461 million words
Tools to work with the Korean corpus
A complete set of Sketch Engine tools is available to work with this Korean corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Korean collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Korean nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
v1.0 (10 September 2012)
- initial version – 461 million words
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Korean corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Korean corpus.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generating collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extracting terms is easy with Sketch Engine. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.