RapCor: French corpus of rap songs
The French corpus of rap songs (RapCor) is a small domain-specific corpus of spoken French extracted from Francophone rap songs. The RapCor corpus has been created since 2009 at the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Czech Republic.
More information about the corpus can be found at https://is.muni.cz/do/phil/Pracoviste/URJL/rapcor/index.html (in Czech). The development of this French corpus of written oral in rap songs lyrics was funded by the Czech Science Foundation in the project of Expressivity in youth slang on the background of the quest for individual and group identity (Alena Podhorná-Polická‘s post-doctoral funding GP405/09/P307).
Further information can be also found at https://is.muni.cz/do/phil/Pracoviste/URJL/rapcor/index_en.html
The French RapCor corpus was tagged by TreeTagger using French TreeTagger tagset.
Tools to work with the RapCor corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this French corpus to generate:
- word sketch – French collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word units
- word lists – lists of French nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
- trends – diachronic analysis automatically identifies neologisms and changes in use
Search the RapCor corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this RapCor corpus of the French rap songs.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.