tlTenTen: Corpus of the Tagalog Web
The Tagalog Web Corpus (tlTenTen) is a Tagalog corpus made up of texts collected from the Internet. The corpus belongs to the TenTen corpus family which is a set of web corpora built using the same method with a target size 10+ billion words. Sketch Engine currently provides access to TenTen corpora in more than 30 languages.
The Tagalog language is an Austronesian language spoken by a part of the population in the Philippines. A standardised variety of Tagalog is the Filipino language. Texts for the corpus were crawled from the web during June–July 2018 and February 2019 and they contain both Tagalog and Filipino.
For detailed information about TenTen corpora, see Common TenTen corpora attributes.
The tlTenTen English corpora were tagged by Stanford parser using MGNN tagset with Sketch Engine modifications.
Tools to work with the Tagalog corpus
A complete set of tools is available to work with this Filipino corpus to generate:
- word sketch – Tagalog collocations categorized by grammatical relations
- thesaurus – synonyms and similar words for every word
- keywords – terminology extraction of one-word and multi-word units
- word lists – lists of Tagalog nouns, verbs, adjectives etc. organized by frequency
- n-grams – frequency list of multi-word units
- concordance – examples in context
Tagalog Web 2019 (tlTenTen19)
- downloaded by SpiderLing in June & July 2018 and February 2019 – 580 million tokens
- 1st corpus version (360 million tokens)
- cleaning and deduplication
- tagged by Stanford parser
- computed word sketches and thesaurus
- 2nd corpus version (230 million tokens)
- cleaning (removing machine-translated content)
- better tokenization
Tagalog Web 2018 (tlTenTen18)
- 170 million tokens crawled from the web in June–July 2018
Jakubíček, M., Kilgarriff, A., Kovář, V., Rychlý, P., & Suchomel, V. (2013, July). The TenTen corpus family. In 7th International Corpus Linguistics Conference CL (pp. 125-127).
Suchomel, V., & Pomikálek, J. (2012). Efficient web crawling for large text corpora. In Proceedings of the seventh Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC7) (pp. 39-43).
Search the Tagalog corpus
Sketch Engine offers a range of tools to work with this Tagalog corpus from the web.
Use Sketch Engine in minutes
Generate collocations, frequency lists, examples in contexts, n-grams or extract terms. Use our Quick Start Guide to learn it in minutes.